The run up to Christmas can be zero fun you guys, especially when you’re trying to be Healthy Helen before the Christmas food binge. But fear not because you seriously won’t believe how SHA-mazeballs this Mexican dish is and you will have it whipped up in seconds (slight understatement).
It’s healthy, whilst being super tasty. You wouldn’t believe how many times I have whipped this up after coming home from a long day, and it goes down as well as a time consuming Sunday roast.
· 454grams of mince beef/steak (I use 5% fat)
· 2 large onions
· 1 yellow pepper
· 1 red pepper
· 2 tbsp peri peri seasoning
· 2 cloves of garlic
1. Sauté the onions and the garlic in a pan
2. Add the beef and cook until Brown stirring constantly (usually take about 5 mins).
3. Once brown add chopped peppers and peri peri seasoning and leave to simmer for 3-4mins.
Whilst that is simmering lay a mixed leave and herb salad (whatever you like) in the middle of a large serving plate. Scatter crispy tortilla crisps (I buy ours in Aldi) around the salad.
Avocado Ranch Dressing
· 1 ripe Avocado
· A tbls of fat free Greek yogurt
· 1 tbls of lime juice
· 3 cloves of garlic
· Pinch of salt
Mash avocado and garlic in a pestle and mortar until smooth. Add the salt and lime juice and mince to a fine paste. Finally ad the yogurt (you can add a little milk if necessary).
Once the beef has simmered spread it over your pre prepared salad. Add 2 large dollops of the ranch dressing on top followed by one dollop of salsa.
There you have it simply ……YUMMY!